Which of the 12 characteristics of stepping motors do you know?
1. Even if the same stepping motor uses different driving schemes, its moment-frequency characteristics vary greatly.
2. When the stepping motor is working, the pulse signals are added to each phase winding in turn in a certain order (
The ring distributor in the driver controls the way the winding is on or off).
3. Stepping motor is different from other motors, and its nominal rated voltage and rated current are only reference values;
And because the stepping motor is powered by Pulse, the power supply voltage is its highest voltage, not the average voltage, so the stepping motor can work beyond its rated value range. However, the selection should not deviate too far from the rating.
4. Stepping motor does not accumulate errors: the accuracy of general stepping motor is 3% to 5 of the actual step angle, and does not accumulate.
5. The maximum temperature allowed by the external surface of the stepping motor: if the temperature of the stepping motor is too high, the magnetic material of the motor will be demagnetized, thus causing the torque to drop or even out of step, therefore, the maximum allowable temperature of the motor surface should depend on the demagnetization points of different motor magnetic materials;
Generally speaking, the demagnetization points of magnetic materials are all above 130 degrees Celsius, and some even reach above 200 degrees Celsius, so the external temperature of stepping motor is 80-90 degrees is completely normal.
6. The torque of the stepping motor will decrease with the increase of the rotating speed: When the stepping motor rotates, the inductance of each phase winding of the motor will form a reverse electromotive force; The higher the frequency, the greater the reverse electromotive force. Under its action, the motor varies with frequency (Or speed)
The phase current decreases, resulting in a decrease in torque.
7. The stepping motor can operate normally at low speed, but it cannot be started if it is higher than a certain frequency, accompanied by howling.
The stepping motor has a technical parameter: no-load starting frequency, that is, the pulse frequency that the stepping motor can start normally under no-load condition. If the pulse frequency is higher than this value, the motor cannot start normally, loss of step or blockage may occur.
In case of load, the starting frequency should be lower.
If the motor is to rotate at high speed, the pulse frequency should have an acceleration process, I . e. the starting frequency is low, and then it should rise to the desired high frequency (Motor speed rises from low speed to high speed).
8. The power supply voltage of Hybrid Stepping Motor driver is generally in a wide range (
For example, the power supply voltage of IM483 is 12 ~ 48VDC)
The power supply voltage is usually selected according to the working speed and response requirements of the motor.
If the working speed of the motor is high or the response requirement is fast, the voltage value is also high, but note that the ripple of the power supply voltage cannot exceed the maximum input voltage of the driver, otherwise the driver may be damaged.
9. The power supply current is generally determined according to the output phase current I of the driver.
If a linear power supply is used, the power supply current can generally be 1 of I. 1 ~ 1. 3 times;
If switching power supply is used, the power supply current can generally be 1 of I. 5 ~ 2. 0 times.
10. When the off-line signal is FREE at a low level, the current output from the driver to the motor is cut off and the motor rotor is in a FREE state (Offline status).
In some automation equipment, if the driver is not powered on, it is required to rotate the motor shaft directly (Manual mode)
, The FREE signal can be set low to take the motor off-line for manual operation or adjustment.
After manual completion, set the FREE signal high to continue automatic control.
11. To adjust the rotation direction of the two-phase stepping motor after being electrified by A simple method, only A and A of the motor and the driver are connected-(Or B and B-)Just swap.
12. The four-phase Hybrid Stepping Motor is generally driven by a two-phase stepping driver. Therefore, the four-phase motor can be connected into two phases by series connection or parallel connection.
The series connection method is generally used in occasions with low motor speed. At this time, the required driver output current is 0. 5% of the motor phase current. 7 times, so the motor heat is small;
Parallel connection is generally used in occasions with high motor speed (Also known as high speed connection)
, The required driver output current is 1. 5% of the motor phase current. 4 times, so the stepping motor generates more heat. TAG